City of Riverside ADU Workshop
Planning Clearance --> Plan Check --> Permit Issued --> Build --> Occupancy
Complete, sign and submit the form to Planningclearance@Riversideca.gov. A Planner will review and return this form to you completed and ready for upload into the Public Permit Portal to enable plan check once approved. Please contact the Planning Division at (951) 826-5371 with any questions.
- This form is required for all projects that:
- propose modifications to any exterior element of a building (either residential or commercial);
- add square footage;
- change use of existing space;
- require entitlements;
- propose new construction of buildings; or
- include facilities requiring screening and clearance.
- Building Plan Review Turnaround Times
- CAL Green R-3 Mandatory Measures Checklist
- Building Plan Check and Permit Fees
- California Green Code Requirements - Residential
- (R-3) Residential EV Charger and EV Meter Panel Requirements
- Plan Review Submittals Matrix
- Water Heater Installation Guidelines
Express Solar Permit Forms for One & Two Family Dwellings
- Going Solar in Riverside
- Express Permit Submittal Guidelines
- Eligibility Checklist Form
- Standard Conditions Form
Building permits are valid for 12 months. Time extensions are possible.
Ongoing inspections to insure compliance with codes.
Final sign off
• All fees paid
passedAfter final sign off by City and all fees paid and inspections passed.